Wednesday, January 18, 2012

One Layer Wednesday 75


Today I decided to try the one layer challenge over at Susan's Simplicity blog,  http://simplicitybylateblossom.blogspot.com/ .  I've admired her work ever since I discovered her blog a few months ago.  I like Susan's simple yet elegant style.  I do like to add layers to my cards, but most of the time, my goal in card making is to keep the card flat enough to fit in an A2 envelope and not have to pay extra postage.  There's a background story to go with this which I promise to share sometime when it isn't so late.  Anyway. . .

Today I decided to use an embossing folder by Cuttlebug, and that's about it.  I used soft suede cardstock and early expresso ink and was finished in less than 5 minutes.  When I showed the card to my husband, he thought it needed a little bit more.  I added a little bit of sponging and came up with card number 2.  Which one do you like better?


By the way, I was so happy to be the winner of the blog give away on Simplicity that I felt like I needed to show that I really do use my Cuttlebug folders.  Love them!

5 comments:

  1. I agree with your husband, the touch of colour really adds depth. this is super!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card was good timing for me, Carol. I just broke down and got a Cuttlebug and a few (ahem) folders and this folder was one of them. I can't wait to use it to make a card. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy your Cuttlebug! I actually have a Big Shot, but can use Cuttlebug and Sizzix embossing folders in it. I think they add such a nice touch to cards.

      Delete
  3. And you'll be getting those folders you won soon...I've been swamped and haven't made it to the PO yet. Sorry about that. On the to do list for Monday, and they're not going far and I mail priority, so you should get them by Wednesday.

    Your card is gorgeous! LOVE the use of texture and color to get an interesting, unlayered guy card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan! No problem with the folders. I remember those days when my kids were home. I was going to college 4 of the years when I had one in grade school, one middle school, and one in high school. Ahhh! Yes, I understand swamped.

      Delete