Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Merry Monday Challenge #2


Surprise!  It's Tuesday and here I am again.  I decided to play in the Merry Monday Challenge.  I love making and sending Christmas cards, so I like this idea of making one card a week.  Actually, I'm making multiple copies of each one because I send out a lot of cards, but 2-4 Christmas cards per week seems a lot less stressful than trying to do 50 in a week.


I have a lot of designer paper which I am trying to use up, so I'm not sure about the name of this paper, but I know I got it from Stampin Up.  I started with a white base, layered the red DSP on real red cardstock, and added the green DSP with a silver glimmer paper border.  My design is from the Pennant Parade stamp set with the sentiment from the Petite Pairs.  I added some silver embossing to the star and some dazzling diamonds to the tree.  (Please excuse my messy work area:  time to clean up or take the pictures somewhere else!)

9 comments:

  1. Hi Carol.
    What a terrific card! I LOVE that red DSP and the clean layout is lovely. The glimmer paper works well too. So happy you had the chance to join me.
    Smiles,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much: it's nice getting feedback and encouragment.

      Delete
  2. Lovely Christmas card, Carol! I love how you popped up the star. I'm glad I'm not the only one with a messy craft desk :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words! I spent yesterday cleaning up my work space, but I know it won't be long until it's cluttered again. Oh well! It's nice to know I'm not alone.

      Delete
  3. Very nice, I love how you popped up the star on your tree, the sparkle from the glitter paper is a nice added touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I love the glimmer paper and use it every chance I get.

      Delete
  4. Oh I love that glimmer paper and I bet that it looks so awesome in person! I love the card great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words. I do like that glimmer paper, too. Actually I like anything that sparkles!

      Delete
  5. love that little Christmas tree. adorable card.

    ReplyDelete