Sunday, January 8, 2012

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to everyone who reads this.   Hope everyone had a good first week of January.  I'm ready to play with sketch challenges today, and I finished two yesterday.  The first one I did was for the (Mojo) Monday 222 challenge.  I'm working on making thank you cards for gifts and decided to do a series of cards using Domestic Goddess paper from Stampin Up with the coordinating colors.




I used All Year Wishes 1 for the sentiment, with Calypso Coral, Daffodil delight, and pool party for the papers.


The second challenge is the {Freshly Made} Sketches challenge of the week.  I did another thank you card, this one more masculine.



This time I used Stampin Up's Well Worn paper for the background.  I also used river rock, soft suede, and whisper white.  I used the MDS Extreme element set to stamp the middle image and punched the other two out of the designer paper.  The embossed center panel was done using a Tim Holtz embossing folder.  The sentiment is from the Upsy Daisy set.

7 comments:

  1. Your cards are lovely! Your Mojo card is charming with that DSP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards! The MOJO card is so bright and cheery and the FMS card has all the earthy colors I love. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards, love the colour choices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such elegant cards! Thanks for joining us at FMS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great guy card this makes ... the colour tones, embossing and stamped images are great!
    Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great! Love the Well Worn card (that paper is fantastic) and love how you used the pattern. Glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    Jen Timko

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the shades of brown; great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete