Friday, May 18, 2012

One Layer Wednesday #88



Good afternoon, blogger friends!  Once again, I'm time challenged today, but I wanted to make a card so I went to the One Layer Wednesday #88 challenge which is to make a one layer mini masterpiece card.  The mini masterpiece is to fit in a 2 by 2 inch area.   I've had the SU set Dreams du Jour for a long time, and I've never inked up the Love you stamp.  I thought this stamp would work perfectly for this challenge, and I think it does.  For my card, I used whisper white.  I stamped the image and then made a 2 by 2 inch mask with a post it note.  I used a sponge and sponged some crumb cake ink all over the white. I then stamped my image and colored it in with pear pizzazz, concord crush, and peach parfait. The card gives the illusion of layers, so hope that is okay.

I actually love to make layers, so this is another card that is outside my comfort zone, but it was fun to make.  I think I need to do this more often.

My husband and I are off to work at the fish fry at church in a little while.  More volunteer work for me!  The book sale yesterday was fun: worked 7 hours for $70 in book vouchers.  I don't have a classroom anymore, but I do have grandchildren!

Thanks for stopping by!




6 comments:

  1. Wow! I couldn't work out how this was one layer until I read your description; I was sure you had a white layer on crumb cake. Beautifully done.
    Heather T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was also confused as to how you had kept it one layer! very clever! great colouring too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Love the coloring on this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WTG on your win! The layered look on a one layer card is AWESOME!! Keeps people guessing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the win, Carol! A very clever, and pretty, card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your OLW win Carol! What a lovely card and how clever to get such a layered look with just one layer.

    ReplyDelete