Monday, May 14, 2012

Merry Monday #20





Hello, blogger friends!  It's Monday again so that means making some more Christmas cards for the Merry Monday #20 blog challenge.  I saw the sketch on LeAnne's blog and immediately thought of this stamp, the only long Christmas stamp I own.  When I went to the Merry Monday blog, I saw that one of the members of the design team, Wendy, used the same stamp.  I hope I am still okay to use this stamp. I went for a totally different look, something else I had in mind before I looked at the samples.  

I decided to go for a black and white card this week.  I used the snow man from Let it Snow, and I embossed him in white on some black card stock.  I then layered whisper white and basic black and embossed a layer of white.  My sentiment came from Petite Pairs.  It was an easy card to make, and I do think it would be easy to mass produce.  Sometimes it's nice to do an easy card. . .and I really like when I look at a sketch and immediately know what I want to do.  Yes!

I'm ending today with a picture of me with my two granddaughters.  Their family is headed to New Hampshire for their dad's graduation from the University of New Hampshire where he will receive his doctorate in history.  Way to go, Ian!  Even better news:  he has been offered a job, a tenured track position at Virginia State University.  Woo-hoo!  Ian and family stopped in Fort Wayne for a couple hours, and we all had lunch together.  Fun times!



Thanks for stopping by!  (I get to see my grandson and soon to be born grandson number 2 next month!)




8 comments:

  1. How exciting for you! Sounds like a fun day and great news for Ian! WOW! I like your card Carol, the black and white colours are very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the black and white card. And sounds like you are having a great time with some good news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card, love the black and white. Thank you for joining us this week for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Carol....I love this snowman done in the black & white!!! I will be saving this to my fav's for future reference! Love how you embossed this and the Snow Burst EF on your one white panel! Perfectly done!
    Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great news!

    Loved the white embossed snowman on the black! The tree on my card was a sizzix die cut! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's cool that you & Wendy used the same stamp---totally different look! That's the joy of stamping! Thanks for sharing your family photos, too! What a proud moment that graduation will be!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your snowman! Congrats on your son's achievements!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The white and black for this card look great Carol! Love the embossing you added, great touch!

    Adorable granddaughters, and congratulations to their dad!

    ReplyDelete