Saturday, May 12, 2012

Freshly Made Sketches #34




Hi, blogger friends!  Happy day before Mother's Day!

I had some time this afternoon and needed to make a birthday card for my sister in Colorado, so I decided to try using the Freshly Made Sketch #34 today.  I received my Bright Blossoms stamp set and paper a couple weeks ago, but I hadn't used it yet, so this sketch seemed like a good place to try it.  I used Whisper White for my card base and added island indigo and real red for my matting colors.  I stamped the vase and flowers and cut out an extra tulip to pop up.  I think the sentiment is from Pocket Silhouettes. I also did a little embossing with my Simply Scored tool, which I always forget to use.

Hope Janet likes the card!  Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. I love the bright colors of this DSP! And the sweet flowers and vase are so cute! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Carol, this is gorgeous! The bright colours and clean lines are wonderful!~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the gorgeous bold colour is this Carol :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!! That tulip paper with the polka dots print...fantastic with your flower! Glad you joined us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great colors! And the flower image is so sweet! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete