Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Merry Monday Challenge #19





Hello, blogger friends!  I finished my cards for the Merry Monday Challenge #19 this afternoon.  I think my card this week is a little different from my usual style, but different can be good, too.  I started with a base of textured basic gray card stock.  My layers were from some DSP I picked up called Winter Blues Snowstorm made by TPC Studio.  I layered the vertical piece on some silver cardstock.  The sentiment came from an old SU set called Let it Snow which I found at the garage sale which is going on at Stamping Day and Night here in Fort Wayne.  I embossed the sentiment in silver to add a little more sparkle to the card.  It's fun making Christmas cards with the sun shining and green leaves outside my window.  It's also great knowing my cards will be ready when it is time to send them!

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. Terrific card Carol, I love the paper you used and the embossed sentiment was the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours with the grey card base. Very stylish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that sentiment! Such a pretty card with that gorgeous DP! Thanks for playing with the Merry Monday sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card, love all the silver embossing. Thank you for joing Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful wintery card - I'd love for you to link up with me at 52 Card Pickup this week!!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/05/52-card-pickup-week-19.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty, Carol! Love your embossing of the sentiment and pretty paper! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this card!! your embossing is beautiful :)
    so glad you joined us on merry mondays.
    Rose GD

    ReplyDelete
  8. The embossed sentiment is really pretty Carol, love the snowflakes too. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete