Tuesday, May 8, 2012

FM 57 and PLG 30

So here is the "Mashup" Challenge :
  1. Make a project for "Mom, Grandmother, Aunt etc...".
  2. Or Make a project with a " Pop-Up Element ".*
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a " Pop-Up Project for Mom".
  4.  Or join in Both challenges and create a "Pop-Up Project for Mom using the inspiration photo above."
*There are many different variations of Pop-Ups... Make sure something pops up when you open your project.




Hi, blogger friends!  I've been working all afternoon on this card, and I'm finally done!  I think I actually have all the elements for the Friday Mashup 57.  I made a tri fold shutter card.  I think the whole card is pretty much a pop up card, but I did pop a butterfly up over the sentiment.  I hope that counts!  I used lots of pinks to go with the lovely inspiration photo, basically pirouette pink and melon mambo.  My flower came from Because I Care.  I stamped it twice, fussy cut one of the flowers, and popped it up with dimensionals.  The sentiments come from Petite Pairs and Something to Celebrate.  My DSP is from My Mind's Eye Lost and Found collection, Madison Avenue "Sisters" Lace Paper.  I love all the sparkle in the DSP.  

I think that's it!  I had fun making it, and it's not even the last minute.  Woo hoo! 

 Now, who to send it to?  My mom passed away years ago, and my hubby mailed one of the other ones I made to his mom.  Any ideas?  Thanks for stopping by!



4 comments:

  1. Wow Carol, you definitely mashed it up with this great card! I love the flower and butterfly!

    Do you have a friend who is a mom that maybe wont get recognized, or someone that has been like a mother to you, that you could send it too?

    No matter who gets this lovely creation they will surely enjoy it!

    Thanks so much for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so amazing! I think you should give it to a complete stranger. Go to a park or your favorite craft store, look for a mom holding their child's hand or running and playing with them, one who makes you smile and just walk over and give it to them. It would make their MONTH and give them a story to tell. They would be a very lucky and blessed person to receive such a beautiful gift. Who knows, maybe they will pay it forward :) Just an idea.

    Either way, this is a fantastic card. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I love the hydrangea on the front that you popped up! Thanks for playing at the Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This came out great. I really like the color combo you used. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Lovin' Gals and the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete