Tuesday, March 20, 2012

PPA 131 and Paper Players Challenge 87




Hello again, blogger friends, on this beautiful spring day.  We actually have temps in the 80's today here in Fort Wayne.  Hard to believe, huh?

I combined the two challenges into one to create this card.  I got the layout from the PPA challenge and button challenge from Paper Players.  I usually don't use buttons, so that was a little more difficult for me, but I think this Hello Blossoms set lends itself to the little flower buttons.  I used melon mambo as the basis for my color and some beautiful designer paper from My Mind's Eye, Lost and Found Two.  I did two different versions of the card just by reversing the DSP.  Don't know which one I like better, but I know I love the colors on both.  My sentiment if from Inspired by Stamping, All Year Wishes I.

By the way, I noticed that the card next to mine on the Paper Players had the same idea to use this set.  It is nice to see the different ways it can be used.  Thanks for stopping by:  hope you got some time to enjoy this gorgeous day!

9 comments:

  1. I love how you used buttons on those flowers! Genius!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card and nice use of those stamps with the pattern paper and buttons. Thanks for playing with the Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute....although I do think I prefer the second one. I love your sentiment banner...I can never get them straight! So glad you played with the Paper Players this week and showed us some buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those sweet button flowers get me every time! Great way to combine them with the PPA sketch. Thank you for playing along in my button challenge at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Carol! I love both versions. What a fabulous way to incorporate buttons! Thanks for playing in my two favorite challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the flowers all in a row Carol :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the button flowers...please join me again at 52 Card Pickup!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/03/52-card-pickup-week-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linky Tools had a hard drive crash this weekend, but now the linky is working at 52 Card Pickup! Sorry for the inconvenience!!

    ReplyDelete