Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Friday Mashup challenge 51


Good morning, blogger friends!  I finished my Friday Mash up card last night, and here it is!  I think it qualifies for all 3 categories.  It's a quilted card.  I used scraps of Stampin Up DSP that I already had and now don't remember the names of the papers.  The something I had forgotten about was the actually quilting part:  I did it a few months ago when a friend had her baby, and set it aside when I decided to send the other  quilt pattern I made.  I think this one is perfect for a friend who just had a long awaited baby.  Also, I don't think the sentiment had been ever inked up.  So, there it is!  

I also took some pictures of the flowers blooming outside right now.  I LOVE tulips, and so I am loving the tulips in my yard.  We had a freeze warning last night, so brought a few inside.  The colors are gorgeous.

I don't know what those little purple flowers are.  I have violets blooming also, which are my very favorite flower of all.  Some people say they are weeds, but I love them.


5 comments:

  1. Thanks for playing in our Quilted card challenge. You've used such a pretty selection of papers.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz
    Friday Mashup DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card Carol! Love the softness to it and the embossing you added, looks great!

    The tulips are so pretty! We still have about 3 ft of snow on the ground, and usually we wont see flowers outside until Memorial Day in May, so I stull have a while to go for my garden :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and thank you so much for playing along with The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These quilt cards are just perfect for baby cards! I love the soft colors of your papers! Thanks for joining the Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty Tulips.. I love your card.. That white background really makes the focal area pop! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete