Friday, February 3, 2012

Freshly Made Sketches #20



Hello blogger friends!  It's the first Friday of February, and here I am today with the first of two sketches that I did.  On Freshly Made, we were to make a long card, something I don't usually make.  I had an idea to use my Mod Tree Border punch that I bought at Archiver's.   I also dusted off my Color Coach and came up with melon mambo, tempting turquoise, and daffodil delight for the cardstock.  I used shades of melon mambo for the inks.



I used the Valentine Defined set to stamp the large tree.  I then cut it out and popped it up with dimensionals.  The sentiment comes from the Something to Celebrate set.  I also made a version with a pear pizzazz DSP border.




I'm not sure which one I like better,  but it was fun making them both!

7 comments:

  1. I love the pop of yellow on the first card Carol! They are both very cute with the trees! What a great idea for the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The trees are so sweet! I like the pop of yellow as well! So bright and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a sweet card. I really like the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them both! The yellow really "pops"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such cute cards. I love that tree stamp; it is one of my favorites! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them both, but I like the green I think a little more :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great cards! I love them both too. Glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete