Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Inspired by Stamping Inspiration Challenge #30



Good afternoon, blogger friends!  I finally finished my card for the Inspired by Stamping Challenge #30.  Once again, I had something entirely different in mind, but this is how the card ended up.  I wanted to do a Halloween card and found this beautiful My Mind's Eye paper.  I did my background quickly, and then discovered I have one set of Halloween stamps and no Halloween sentiments.  So, after trying numerous options, I stamped the large doily from Inspired by Stamping's Delicate Doilies II on the black circle and embossed it with some glittery embossing powder.  I added the die cut pumpkin and clear embossed a few leaves.  I was going to just have it be a thank you card, but then I remembered I have a few fall birthday cards to make so that's what it is.  I'm posting this before I change my mind again!

The trees are gorgeous here right now, and the leaves are falling everywhere.  Hope you can find time to enjoy this beautiful fall weather, too.  Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful fall birthday card, Carol! I like the leaves you used in place of flowers. They go so well with the pretty pumpkin. :) Thanks so much for playing with us at Inspired By Stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Fall birthday card! Love the pumpkin and the colors that you chose! I too love My Mind's Eye paper! :) Hugs, joanna

    ReplyDelete