Saturday, June 2, 2012

Merry Monday #22




Good afternoon, blogger friends.  It's a beautiful, cool day here in Fort Wayne.  It's nice to give the air conditioner a rest!

My card today is for Merry Monday #22 sketch.  Once again, I liked this sketch so much that I did 5 of this card.   I used a cherry cobbler card stock base and used an embossing folder for the background.  My DSP is Snowy Jo: Snow Soiree by Imaginisce.  I love the fancy snowflakes with just a touch of glitter.  I embossed my main image with the Northern Flurry folder and sponged the image with some more cherry cobbler.  I popped it up on a large scallop circle with some dimensionals and added some bling with some rhinestones.  The sentiment comes from SU Petite Pairs which always seems to be perfect in small spaces.

I know I'll be taking a break from card making soon as I go to visit/help my daughter with baby number 2.  She has a doctor appointment on Wednesday so I'll be able to figure out then if I need to travel sooner than the 12th.  I'm looking forward to the arrival of this little one!

Thanks for stopping by!  I love to read your comments.



6 comments:

  1. So pretty Carol! I love the use of red and the big snowflake is so pretty!

    A new grandbaby, so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful Carol, love that embossed snowflake as the circle focal point! Thank you for joining me at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous - I love your glittery snowflake! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol, I love how you embossed that circle! I have that EF, and never thought to use it like that. You've got some gorgeous inspiration!

    Best, best, best of luck with your new grandbaby-to-be. :)

    Thank you so much for joining us in the Merry Monday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you sponged the largest snowflake from the embossing folder and used it as the main design! Brilliant idea, Carol! So glad you joined us at Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card, I love that the focal image matches the designer paper. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete